Online Press Releases
The way in which people find information is constantly evolving, and in the era of Web 2.0 interactive and social networking communities are becoming well-established. Online media strands such as news websites, blogs, RSS feeds and video media help people to share and locate information in a flow-on effect throughout the internet.
Ways of Distributing Online Press Releases
If you want to share news about your business or product, issuing an online press release is clearly the 21st century way to go. Here are a few methods of getting your release distributed:
- Send press releases out to your contacts by email
- Submit your press release to social network websites
- Use online wire services
- Get your press releases found by news search engines, blog searchers and other search engines
- Publish links to your online press releases on your home page and on other websites.
What To Include In Online Press Releases
If you’re preparing an online press release, you may want to consider the following suggestions:
- Make sure your news sounds interesting, exciting and different – what’s special about it, why should anyone care?
- Make sure the headline is enticing, but include a primary keyword phrase in it
- Add a subtitle if needed for additional keywords or more engaging heading
- Use bold text to highlight key points
- Present information concisely – use short sentences and bullet points
- Include links to podcasts, graphics, video clips and interviews where revelant
- Embed links using the whole path (e.g. include the http://)
- Link to and use landing pages for white papers or newsletter subscription
Online Press Release Information
- E21 Media Wire (http://www.e21mediawire.com/) – Online press release distribution tool for international companies marketing themsleves in China.
- I-Newswire.com (http://www.i-newswire.com/) – Offers free press releases.
- Presse Box (http://www.pressebox.com/) – German online press distribution service for the technology industry.
- Press Release 365 (http://www.pressrelease365.com/) – Offers online press release distribution services through an advanced and easy-to-use mass media distribution platform. Includes how to write a press release, writing samples, templates, plus optimization tips and techniques.
We endeavour to keep the content of our website as up-to-date as possible in order to help webmasters find the most useful Internet resources for promoting websites online.
“Rocket Rank offers Webmasters easy access to tools and information about keyword research, optimisation and search marketing.”