Social Network Websites
Online social networks are communities of people who share similar interests, hobbies or activites and communicate with each other about them. Most social networks are web based and many enable users to interact through chat, messaging, email, voice chat, file sharing (video and picture), blogging and forum-based discussions.
Use of Social Networking in Search Marketing Strategies
Social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube are incredibly popular and growing all the time. This means that gaining a presence there – whether as an advertiser or participant – can be a useful way of increasing your company profile. It also provides links pointing to your Web site and most usefully, fresh visitors to your Web site.
- Social networks connect people at low cost
- Small businesses and entrepreneurs can use social networks to expand their contacts
- Networks can act as a customer relationship management or PR tool
- Banner and text ad placement opportunities are common on many social network websites
- Communication between geographically distant staff members can be made easier
- Businesses can interact with an audience throughout the world
- Information can be easily shared in a number of languages to audiences in different countries.
Popular Social Networking Sites
All of the Web sites listed below are high traffic, high usage social networking Web sites:
- Facebook (https://www.facebook.com) – A social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them. People use Facebook to keep up with friends, upload an unlimited number of photos, share links and videos, and learn more about the people they meet.
- Twitter (http://www.twitter.com) – A platform that gives everyone in a voice in the form of 140 character updates, and allows users to follow companies and brands.
- Flickr (https://www.flickr.com) – A Yahoo! owned website which enables people to share their photos with friends, family or the whole world.
- Pinterest (http://www.pinterest.com) – A site that focuses on image-based sharing, with a range of specialist areas and users but ideal for lifestyle and living services and products.
View more social networking websites.
We endeavour to keep the content of our website as up-to-date as possible in order to help webmasters find the most useful Internet resources for promoting websites online.
“Rocket Rank offers webmasters easy access to tools and information about keyword research, optimisation and search marketing.”