There are a number of directories which cater to searchers looking for UK specific webpages and websites. These are some of the most popular UK directories including resources for English, Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish websites and businesses (see also UK search engines).
- Applegate (http://www.applegate.co.uk) – Over 200,000 business listings for companies in industry, technology and manufacturing in the UK.
- Dot UK Directory (http://dotukdirectory.co.uk) – Dot UK is a human edited UK Web site directory running since 2000. Accepts site submissions.
- Free Index UK (http://www.freeindex.co.uk) – FreeIndex.co.uk is a free UK business directory which has business listings by category and location. You can submit your company, products and services to the index for free.
- Splut (http://www.splut.com) – Directory of UK Web sites offering Web owners the opportunity to add their Web sites to the listings.
- The Best Of (http://www.thebestof.co.uk) – Local business directory for the UK.
- Thomson Local (http://www.thomsonlocal.com) – ThomsonLocal.com contains listings for nearly 2 million UK businesses. Web site owners can add their businesses free of charge.
- Top Local Listings (http://www.toplocallistings.co.uk) – Offers access to hundreds of topical and regional online business to business directories which visitors can browse and small businesses can advertise in.
- UK Small Business Directory (http://www.uksmallbusinessdirectory.co.uk) – Directory of small UK businesses offering free listings to business owners.
- UK Directory (http://www.ukdirectory.co.uk) – One of the largest online directory of reviewed sites in the UK.
- UK Motoring Directory (http://www.ukmotoringdirectory.co.uk) – The home of British motoring & automotive links directory including stolen vehicles reports and MotorShop.
We endeavour to keep the content of our website as up-to-date as possible in order to help webmasters find the most useful internet resources for promoting websites online.
“Rocket Rank offers webmasters easy access to tools and information about keyword research, optimisation and search marketing.”