USA Search Engines
Many searchers worldwide tend to use .com versions of search engines. These search engines catalogue the vast array of websites within North America, as well as other websites on the World Wide Web. It’s important to remember that some search engines may serve up different results to users depending on where users are when they search. Some of the most popular US or international search engines are listed below:
- Google (http://www.google.com) – International (US) version of the world’s most popular search engine.
- Yahoo! (http://www.yahoo.com) – Yahoo! offers local and global search, free email, instant messaging, news, sport, travel, shopping, movies and music.
- Alexa (http://www.alexa.com) – Web information company offering search and information about the Web sites you visit.
- Ask (http://www.ask.com) – Formerly Ask Jeeves, Ask shows results from editors, Google paid listings and other engines.
- Lycos (http://www.lycos.com) – Offers search, free online games, free e-mail, free blogs & Web sites, videos & movies, news, weather and more.
- Technorati (http://technorati.com) – Real-time search for user-generated media (including blogs) by tag or keyword.
View also US directory Web sites.
We endeavour to keep the content of our website as up-to-date as possible in order to help webmasters find the most useful internet resources for promoting websites online.
“Rocket Rank offers webmasters easy access to tools and information about keyword research, optimisation and search marketing.”